Saturday, February 9, 2008

50th Anniversary Classic - Chapter 2

Since my last post I got the tins back from the painter. The paint job was OK but it just proves the adage "You get what you pay for." I went for cheap and that's basically what I got. Definitely not the high gloss that Harley paints bikes at the factory, but maybe with a high quality polish, it'll look almost as good. On the advice of the painter, I've waited about three weeks for the paint and clearcoat to cure. This afternoon I applied the '57 tank emblems and put a chrome license tag mount and frame on the rear fender to replace the original that got bent up last summer. Then I put the fuel pump back in the tank, and various wiring harness and hardware back on the fender. They're ready to put back on the bike tomorrow, minus the front fender. The painter recommended against trying to paint the chrome fender braces, so I'm going to see if I can get them powder coated next Friday and riveted to the fender. Then I'll mount it on the bike.

Here are the tins, ready to mount.






No comments: